Quick reference to your tenancy agreement
Your tenancy agreement is your guarantee that we will provide you with the services detailed in it. In return, it is our guarantee that, by signing it, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions it contains.
If you feel that we are not delivering the services detailed in your tenancy agreement, you should contact your management team to tell us about it.
By signing the tenancy agreement, you, your family and your visitors are agreeing to certain things:
- To pay your rent on the date it is due.
- Not to cause any type of nuisance to anyone else living in your estate or neighbourhood. (Examples of nuisance include any kind of harassment, criminal or violent behaviour, drug dealing or loud noise).
- Not to damage the property, (we will charge you for the cost).
- Not to abuse any of our staff or representatives.
- Not to keep pets without our written permission.
- To dispose of your rubbish and unwanted items in and around the property properly.
- Only to park cars and vans in the spaces provided.
- To arrange insurance cover for your own possessions.
- You are responsible for your own behaviour, your children’s behaviour and the behaviour of anyone who visits your home.
Gas Safety Checks
As part of our commitment to making sure your home is safe and secure, we carry out regular gas safety checks. We are legally required to carry these out every year, and you must let us into your home to do them.
The gas safety checks include a service of the gas appliances we provide. The check makes sure your heating system isn’t leaking, or producing any poisonous gasses, and that it works better with less chance of any breakdowns.
It is very important that you give our contractor access to your home to service your appliances. If you do not, we could ask for a court order to get access to your home.
For more information, or if you have any worries about gas, gas servicing or carbon monoxide, please ring your management team.
Gas Safe engineers
We only employ Gas Safe registered engineers to carry out work on our gas installations or appliances. If you have any of your own gas appliances, cookers, fires etc., that we are not responsible for, please make sure any engineer you use is Gas Safe registered. To find a qualified engineer go to www.gassaferegister.co.uk, or telephone 0800 408 5500.